Pages

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Not to Be Left Out

The new shades ended up being too short, so I tacked on these ruffles then put a valance across the tops. I kind of like it better than just plain.


Sorry this is sideways - if you can't tell, this is the back door. We now hope to tile behind the stove with some kind of Navy Blue pattern to match these curtains. I'll keep you posted.
Thanks to everyone who has taken time to sign in and catch us up on this blog and your own individual blogs are just amazing. It is such a treat to see you and your families growing and making awesome memories together. We love each and every one of you and are so grateful for the Internet so we can keep in touch. Now, I figure I better not be left out so here I am today ...

Dad left this morning for the Parkway 2nd Ward's 2009 Youth conference! Right now I suppose he is hiking up Timp. He took his camera so we'll post some pics when he gets done this week. Tonight, we get to enjoy listening to Brother and Sister Pinegar (he is a former MTC and England South Mission President and his wife was the General Primary President and a Counselor in the general YW Presidency). Cool, huh? Tomorrow, they have a man coming to speak who is a Quadriplegic and has been voted one of the 10 most inspirational people in America by the Washington Post. Not bad for a little ward on the West side of the valley. We'll give you a full report next time we Skype.

Grandma seems to be doing better. After all those tests, it turns out she has a rather large stomach ulcer. This can and is being treated and her appetite is back and the pain has subsided. We hope not to have to go through any of those tests again anytime soon. Running around and preparing for the tests was almost worse than the illness. Thanks to all of you for your concern, prayers and positive energy on Grandma's behalf.

Becky and Mike have been working as much as possible to continue financing their USU experience. They have discovered it is expensive to live away from home but well worth the effort. Becky misses the social scene and I think Mike would just like to get on with things and get it done! It is nice to have them home. I'm thoroughly enjoying the company and treasuring this time together.

Finally, I have been taking care of Grandma more and more. I now dispense and track her medicine each day, do all her finances and help her remember what day it is with a special calendar on her frig. so she knows what to do and expect each day. It is getting harder to leave her for long periods of time because she forgets things and has had some close call cooking mishaps with the microwave and the toaster oven. I've also been trying to get some summer craft projects done. I made curtains for the kitchen finally. It only took 10 years! (See pics.) And I have been enjoying having time to do some summer reading and keep tabs on all my kids and grandsons. So far it has been a lovely summer (not too hot). Well, that's about that. We hope this finds you well and happy. Keep in touch!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the post! The curtains look great!!! I'm excited to hear about youth conference.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the post! The curtains look great!!! I'm excited to hear about youth conference.

jeffbylund said...

Thanks for the update mom. We're always glad to hear about what's going on. And nice curtains, I guess sometimes good things just take some time ;). We hope the summer continues to stay fun and cool for you! We can't wait to see you guys sometime.